Monday, April 7, 2008

Switzerland, south side of the Bodensee

Last week was the halfway point of my trip to Europe. I spent the week in the little haven of Switzerland; one of the most rediculously expensive places on earth.
I spent much of my time walking around and taking photos because that is about all you can do for free.
The weather was mostly overcast and rainy but the sun poked out once or twice.
I had plenty of time to run back and forth and take shots of myself. I didn't get a real sailboat ride so this lil guy in the park had to suffice.
I was on the Bodensee, or Lake Constance, and was able to spend a ton of time just relaxing near the marina. I read a lot and spent some great time looking at the old school beauty of the area.

9 comments:

Maureen said...

We spent a lot of time in Switzerland and we enjoyed the Bodensee from the German shores. And I remember how expensive that place was! Holy cow we could barely afford to eat! :) Enjoy.

crystalkupper said...

I love the picture of you in the sailboat! I can't imagine you doing that in the States. Do you feel freer there or something?

Jeanea said...

LOL...I love the pictures of yourself...especially the sailboat one! hehe very cute So are you back in Germany or somewhere else?

Jonathan said...

I am in Germany for the duration of this week and part of the next. I'm not sure if I feel freer or if I am just getting more excited about photography and couldn't find anybody willing so I stepped in. It was fun.

James said...

did you get new pants? nice hair btw

Jonathan said...

Nope, same ol pants Dusty gave me for Christmas 16 months ago.

We're The Christensons said...

Great pics! Man, it's seriously beautiful in Switzerland!

srid20 said...

Hey. You said there would be posts about your trip to Berlin and Athens. Where are they????

Hope you're having fun.

SR

Rachel Reber said...

Riddle me this!! What up yo? Well guess what? I am moving to Germany for a year!! Woot! In August, I'll be flying into Munich and working at Edelweiss Lodge and Resort. I'm stoked. Hope you've had a great trip!! ~Rach