Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Meersburg, Germany

Meersburg was the one town where I made a mistake that could have been prevented. The plan was to arrive in the evening, find a quaint guesthouse, then enjoy the evening. Reality proved that it was a much farther drive than I had remembered, there were only two hotels still open, and both were excessivly expensive; we still had room in budget though, what can you do?
Meersburg is located on the Bodensee, or Lake Constance, on the German/Swiss border. It is surrounded by water and vineyards. This would be a great place to spend some time for an anniversary.
Mom and I were only here for the night, then after our breakfast we had to hurry off to the Alps.
There is an ancient castle in Meersburg, which I've seen probalby five times but never ponied up the money to go inside and see the museum.
Such a lovely city, so little time.

4 comments:

Nick said...

I like the anniversary idea. Maybe Crystal and I should go for our 5th.

Jonathan said...

Would be sweet - maybe I'll fine one and join you guys and we'll double anniversary it on your 10th.

crystalkupper said...

I was going to write, "Somehow I don't feel sorry for you," but then I saw Nick's comment, was filled with warm gooey feelings for my lovely husband, then read your comment and laughed. Lots of emotions going on here. :-)

Katie said...

Jonathan! Jodi told me I should check out your blog. :) It's amazing!! And traveling with your mom must be great memories in the making.

I just had to comment, though, on your little drop of the words "in my younger days"... Hey! You're not that old yet!! I took those words personally, you know. :)

Hope you're having a wonderful time!

Katie Christensen